Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sugar, we are breaking up!

Yes, I said it.  I have set a new goal to break up with sugar.  I fully accept that it might just result in a long distance relationship.  Let's face it, sugar is in so much stuff and it makes things taste better.  The problem, it makes my backside only available in a widescreen shot.  

Overall, my diet is healthy.  We eat organic, well balanced, lots of fresh fruits and veggies.  My problem is I want to finish these healthy meal with a sweet treat.  I don't stop at a small portion though.  One bite and I become a less blue version of Cookie Monster!  One cookie is never enough.  Yum yum yum cooooooookies!!! 


This week I joined Weight Watchers.  My excuse of "I just had a baby" will only be acceptable for so long.  To be perfectly honest with you, I had to start this because I just feel so lumpy.  I fully accept that my body will need time to recover but I decided I am helping it along this road.

So how does this all relate to the oils?  What have I chosen?  

There is a lovely little blend offered by doTERRA called Slim & Sassy.    From the official doTERRA site:

SLIM & SASSY®
METABOLIC BLEND
dōTERRA’s Slim & Sassy is a proprietary formula of grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, ginger, and cinnamon essential oils. Just add 8 drops to 16 oz. of water and drink between your healthy meals throughout the day to help manage hunger, calm your stomach, and lift your mood. Slim & Sassy is 100% pure essential oils, does not contain diuretics or stimulants, and has zero calories.

There are a few ways to take this product.  You can add it to your water as suggested above.  I have chosen to add 5-7 drops to a veggie cap and  drink with a large glass of water 3 times a day.  
After one week of using the product I have noticed my craving for sugar is more controllable. I can resist as I walk by the large tray of donuts at work or the cake at work or the candy the kids bring in the house.  I do like the taste of the blend, though I have heard some do not.  It gives my mouth a tingly feeling because of the cinnamon.  For me, the veggie cap makes it easier for me to get the product in my body.  I drink water all day but my job can make it tough to add oils to the water.  
Another thing I have noticed after the first week is a large reduction in my water weight.  My ankles are back in view and I couldn't be happier.  This is due to the grapefruit in the blend.  It helps the body release retained fluid.  It is effective!  
Sugar not only can make your backside bigger it can contribute to an overgrowth of yeast.  It is called Candida.  This overgrowth of yeast can cause skin issues, thrush, and a whole list of health issues.  
Vaginal infections
Urinary tract infections
Body rashes
Acne
Oral thrush
Allergies
Cystitis
PMS
Joint pains
Asthma
Hayfever and other respiratory illness
Athlete’s foot
weight gain or weight loss
Fatigue

Taking sugar out of the equation could truly help me transform my body to a healthier, leaner and hopefully not meaner me!  Slim & Sassy will help you control that urge for sugar.  Controlling that urge can transform your body inside and out.

I will update the progress over the journey to drop the weight.  I have a large amount to lose.  Like 60 pounds, maybe more.  I am not looking to be super model skinny, just a healthy maintainable weight for long term health and happiness.  

Here is to the journey!  One pound at a time!







No comments:

Post a Comment