Saturday, October 5, 2013

A little thing called.....STRESS



Stress, we all have it.  Sometimes it is helpful, sometimes it is not.

Good stress can enhance your performance on tests, help you enjoy the amusement part roller coaster or keep you on the edge of your seat while watching your favorite sport.  Stress helps you change.



But today, I am not talking about the good stress.  I am talking about the bad stress.  The kind where you end up with a horrible headache, fatigue, frustration and generally a horrible mood.

Why?  Well, I had a week of bad stress.  The culprit.......the common one.....work.  Not my work with doTERRA but my other full time job.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love my job but sometimes you just have a day or a week where you ask, "really? are you kidding me?"  This was one of those weeks for me.  Odd schedule, tough tasks, lack of time to eat well led me to feel lousy.

From the Mayo Clinic....

Common effects of stress ...
... On your body... On your mood... On your behavior
  • Headache
  • Muscle tension or pain
  • Chest pain
  • Fatigue
  • Change in sex drive
  • Stomach upset
  • Sleep problems
  • Anxiety
  • Restlessness
  • Lack of motivation or focus
  • Irritability or anger
  • Sadness or depression
  • Overeating or undereating
  • Angry outbursts
  • Drug or alcohol abuse
  • Tobacco use
  • Social withdrawal





I had the headache, muscle tension, fatigue, lack of focus by the end of the week and craving sweets in a big way.  

Exercise is a great stress reducer but what happens when you schedule doesn't let you exercise?  This was my dilemma.  But trust me when I say, working out hard is a great way to get the stress and frustration out of your system.

I had my oils to use and I am so happy I did.

For the headache....Past Tense.

Past Tense has a great minty scent from both Peppermint and Wintergreen and cooling effect on your temples.  It took away my headache in minutes.  

Just apply it where it hurts keeping it out of your eyes.  That burns.  Trust me on this one.  

I applied it to my temples and to the back of my head.  The oils don't make your hair oily so don't worry about that.  

Headaches can be triggered by many things.  Past Tense can help.  Other great remedies would be a combo of Lavender and Peppermint.  Add Frank for migraine type headaches.   For sinus issues, use Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint.


But stress can make it hard to sleep.  I know I would lay day last week and my mind was running a million miles a minute.  That only increases the fatigue you feel.  Trust me....I am tired.  



 To get some quality rest, I turned to the every reliable Lavender.  Beautiful Lavender.

Lavender applied to my wrists and my jaw line helped keep me from clenching my teeth and relax my mind.  Just 4 drops provided success.







Now sometimes stomach issue can come with high stress levels.  I was lucky and didn't suffer this but if you do DigestZen will be your new BFF!  

If your stress causes anxiety, meditation can help or grab your bottle of Serenity or Citrus Bliss.  Both have great calming and mood properties.  The oils that make up the Mood Matrix are wonderful.  Balance and Elevation are oils I use daily.   Last week, I felt like I was bathing in Balance!  



Now Chronic Stress can truly lead to major health issues.  Heart disease, depression, high blood pressure, compromised immune systems, etc.  Keep your stress in check naturally with doTERRA essential oils!

No comments:

Post a Comment