Friday, October 11, 2013

Stay Hydrated My Friends!



You have heard it before "stop drinking soda and start drinking water."  You will lose weight and feel amazing.  If you are like me, your first thought was, "NO WAY JOSE!  I cannot live without my Diet Coke!"  But let me tell you something, you can live without it.  

Soda or Pop or Coke or whatever you call it is full of junk.  Junk that is really not good for you.  Diet soda is worse.    Just by switching to water you save yourself hundreds of calories if you are drinking regular soda.  That adds up to a loss of pounds.  



Now, I will admit in the past I was a hard core Diet Coke drinker.  When I was travelling across the planet, I could down 6+ Diet Cokes a day without blinking an eye.  On my days off, I would never drink that many and I would feel lousy.  

After reading numerous articles about how switching from soda to water could give you loads of benefits, I finally gave it a shot.  It was a rough week of going cold turkey.  ROUGH!  Now it wasn't that I just dropped caffeine because I switched to drinking iced tea.  It was my body's response to the lack of the junk that is in the soda. 

That was a few years ago.  Today, I drink water all day.  When I feel fancy, I would add a lemon.  Now there are articles saying how nasty those lemons can be.  YUCK! 



So what do I do now?  doTERRA CPTG Lemon Oil!  Don't like lemon....try Wild Orange, Grapefruit or Lime.  Get crazy and mix them...Lemon Lime!  


Citrus oils come with a few precautions.

If you apply them to your skin, be very careful in the sun.  Citrus oils can cause your skin to burn more easily.

If you are adding them to your water, you want to use them only in glass or metal containers.  They will dissolve styro foam and pull petrochemicals out of plastics.



I recently went to a doTERRA class where the hostess had this genius idea...she called them Hillbilly Jars.   They are glass and metal and after a few modifications become a perfect container for Lemon water.  

Here is how you make them....

Get your favorite size mason jar, 9/16 sized rubber grommets, and metal straws.  We used quart size Ball jars.  You will need a drill with a 3/8 inch bit.



Drill a whole in the center of the lid and insert the rubber grommet.  This will take some pressure to get it inserted.  Smooth out any edges on the lid prior to inserting the grommet.  No need for cuts.

Your final product will look like this....


Don't want to make your own, you can always just order one from me!  

Lemon water has so many benefits and the straw really helps you to drink the water fast!

Stay hydrated and flavor that water with a doTERRA citrus oil!


There are great deals when joining doTERRA.




No comments:

Post a Comment