Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Serenity.....NOW!!!!!


Around my house, we are preparing to welcome a new baby.  Our third.  It has made our house a bit busier than normal.  Our oldest child will be 4 very soon.      She is busy with dance and Pre-K.  Our second child just wants to be like her big sister.  Sisters are sisters so they argue and fight over toys, clothes, who is closest to mommy.  They are loud!

On top of just their activities and projects, we have to get a nursery ready.  I am at the point in pregnancy where my stamina fades fast.  Thank goodness for my husband who still has his energy.  The man is getting stuff done for me.  I am eternally grateful although out of breath, it is hard to tell him.   

In the last few weeks, I have noticed my oldest showing signs of stress and anxiety.  She has always been a kid who puts everything in her mouth.  Rocks, mulch, thumbs, toys, utensils.  It truly has driven me crazy.  It was getting better but as I said, the last few weeks it seems her habit is back.  Then the comments about her tummy hurting.  All I can think of is she is anxious about another new person coming soon.

I have talked to her and praised her for being such a great big sister.  She really is great.  She can teach her little sister faster than I ever could teach her.  ABC's, 123's, songs, dances, drinking out of cups.  If only potty training was as easy to teach.

I asked her if she was excited or nervous.  She says, "I'm am so excited to have a brother!  I want to do EVERYTHING for him."  Still, her behavior indicates something is up.  

We have tried a few oils on her and I have found the best daytime oil to keep her grounded and focused is Balance.  But at night, she needed something different.  Lavender wasn't cutting it.  Serenity.....oh sweet serenity has done the trick.  

I rubbed 2 drops of Serenity of down her spine.  She loves the smell.  It is divine I must say.  Last night, after this application, she wanted to cuddle next to us on the couch.  Shortly after asking to cuddle, she asked to get in her bed.  For the first time in weeks, she slept in her own bed ALL NIGHT!  

No nightmares, no fight to get to sleep, no fight to get out of bed.  It was a great night followed by a great morning.  She woke up telling me her favorite colors instead how she was fighting some monster in her dreams.  She was excited to see her friends at school.  The morning was meltdown free. 

It feels so good to have helped my child find her serenity!  Stress is fine in small doses for short periods of time but held for too long or holding too much can wreck your life.  I don't ever want to be the stress of my child's life!

Do you need some Serenity in your life?  

No comments:

Post a Comment