Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Melaleuca and the Pressure Washer

Melaleuca......quite a name huh?  Did you see that word on your SATs?  Word of the day calendar?  Ever heard of Tea Tree Oil?  Same thing.  



DoTERRA's official definition:
Melaleuca Essential Oil 
Melaleuca alternifolia
Recognized by its more common name, ‘tea tree’, melaleuca has been revered for its cleansing and regenerative properties*, especially for the skin. Composed of more than ninety different compounds, melaleuca has limitless therapeutic applications.

I was first introduced to "tea tree oil" in Paul Mitchell shampoo.  My head tingled so nicely when I used it.  My scalp felt revitalized.  My hair looked great....for the time period.  

Melaleuca is a great for skin conditions like dandruff and psoriasis.  It is anti-fungal so it will help with all skin issues that can stay warm and moist festering yeast and other gunk. 

There are hundreds of uses for this wonderful oil. 

Fast forward to the present.  I wake up with all the indications of a sinus infection.  Last weekend's fun followed by a newborn growth spurt have left me a bit rundown.  I became a prime target of the germs that always lead to a major sinus infection.  

Before I found the oils, I would have dosed myself with an OTC or head to the doctor for and evaluation.  This time is different.  I am nursing a baby. I have natural remedies to try to take down the germs in my doTERRA oil bag.  If they don't work, I can do the same as before.


Consulting my trusted Modern Essentials book.....anyone using oils should really have one.....and other suggestions from doTERRA IPC's around the world I thought about a using my sinus "pressure washer" and adding a few drops of the Melaleuca oil to the saline wash.  

I avoided oils like peppermint because of the fear of burning the delicate tissue of the sinus cavity.  It didn't give me the tingly feeling my head once felt but it did help open my head up and clear out my sinuses.  The biggest change to this time, I took ZERO OTC medicines this time but felt good all day.  I won't say I felt fantastic, my body is fighting off this junk.  With the help of the awesome Pinterest recipes, I am confident I will beat these bugs without any antibiotics or doctor's visits!

It is day two of the pressure washing and oil combos and I have to tell you I feel so much better.   I will call this a success.  After a typical start to my sinus infection...and I have had enough I ended up with sinus surgery....I have never felt great day 2.  

Now to teach this baby boy to sleep in his crib!  

No comments:

Post a Comment