Monday, July 22, 2013

Mother Nature, I shake my fist at you!

Ladies, this one of for you.  Guys, I apologize but think of this post as a way to help the women in your  life.  Just forward this blog to the ladies in your life and don't say another word.  It is for your protection!  Today, we are talking about that time of the month and woes of womanhood.



I am unhappily reporting that my benefits of pregnancy seem to have come to an end.  I have found bruises from bumping into things again.  When I am pregnant I never seem to bruise.  It is a beautiful thing.  Thank goodness for Helichrysum now that superpower has faded.  But this is not about bruising, it is about that dreaded visitor, Aunt Flow.  Despite breastfeeding and pumping my little heart out, my cycles have returned.  It is amazing how a year off can make you forget just how bad cramps, bloating and headaches can suck the life out of you.

I have read on Facebook posts and from fellow oilers that you can get through your time of the month using oils.  So since the time was right, I gave it a shot.  My oils of choice...Citrus Bliss, Past Tense, DigestZen and Solace.

Why?  Glad you asked!



Citrus Bliss makes me happy.  Let's face it, I was pretty darn grumpy at this event taking place just 3 months into breastfeeding.  I mean seriously, the people who keep from getting a period the entire time they breastfeed are probably those who "the weight just fell off."  OK.....BITTER party of one, your table is ready.  I hear  ya!  Moving on.....

I applied a drop to each temple and the back of my neck.  It did help me to feel the more bliss.  I call Citrus Bliss sunshine in a bottle for good reason.






Past Tense helped relief my headache.  I rolled that blend across my forehead.  It has a nice minty smell and really knocks out a headache.  It will help kick a migraine too.  Luckily, I don't need it much but it really does the trick.




DigestZen might be the one that surprises everyone.  They typical use of DigestZen is for tummy trouble and it works great.  After numerous Facebook suggestions, I gave it a try.  I rubbed a couple drops on my abdomen.  You know what?  The cramps went away.  It was amazing.  






Finally, I used the Solace.  Solace is a blend especially designed to help women with all sorts of hormonal issues.  It can help with PMS, hot flashes, cramps, you name it.  I rolled it across my abdomen and soon after I found I just felt better.  Less of the ick feeling I always get.   It will be my go to oil during the next round of monthly ick.  





Although, I was truly hoping not to need any of the oils for quite a bit longer, I am glad I had them on hand.  I made it through without taking any OTC meds.  I felt better since I am still breastfeeding that I only used natural products that will not hurt my little boy.  The oils did not mess with my supply issues either.  They truly are a gift from the earth!  

Need some retail therapy during your time of the month, check out my website!  But contact me so you don't have to pay retail.  


No comments:

Post a Comment