Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Let's eat!

When I first started with doTERRA, I was amazed that you can take these oils internally.   I had tried other brands of essential oils and always saw on the label...NOT FOR INTERNAL USE or ONLY FOR AROMATHERAPY.  If you have any essential oils at your house and are thinking of following the rest of this blog entry, please check the label first!

doTERRA's CPTG oils allow you to take them internally, topically or aromatically.  You can check out the many uses in a previous blog entry entitled Topically-aromatically-internally-oh my!

So today being the last day of summer vacation for my soon to be Pre-K'er, we had to come up with a few projects to keep her occupied.  I thought, lets bake up some stuff so we have easy hearty breakfast.  Baked oatmeal cups it is!

A great recipe is on this blog!  We decided to switch out the teaspoon of cinnamon for 3 drops of doTERRA Cinnamon Bark oil.  I must say, the house smells amazing right now.  I made a few using some berries but my little girl wanted some with banana.  The beauty of the cups is you can customize and they are more portable.  



The results look delish!  Tomorrow, we dine!






But baked oatmeal isn't the only thing you can do.  I have added 10 drops to sugar cookie dough for awesome and SIMPLE lemon cookies.  Of course, my Reinventing Healthcare attendees loved them.




And finally White Chocolate Peppermint covered Pretzels!


Want to try something other than desserts, check out this video to see how the oils can be incorporated through your entire meal!  Her cookbook is fabulous.  I got mine for Christmas.





The great thing about using the oils is that you don't lose the benefits they provide when you take them "neat".  OnGuard used in your banana bread will still help you boost your immune system and you aren't hungry since you ate a nice treat.  To me, that is a win-win!

Give them a try when you cook and report back!  I would love to hear the creative ways you use your oils too.



No comments:

Post a Comment