Monday, August 26, 2013

The skin you're in!

Ladies and gentlemen, this blog is for all but truly about one good guy and his success with the oils.  Yes guys, you too have many uses for the oils.  

Years ago, my husband developed a dry, scaly patch of skin on his leg.  It could be many things that prompted it to develop but it coincided with us moving from a very sunny climate to a not so sunny climate.  Unfortunately, moving back to a sunny climate has not given him relief from the psoriasis.  



From psoriasis.org:  "Psoriasis is a chronic, autoimmune disease that appears on the skin. It occurs when the immune system sends out faulty signals that speed up the growth cycle of skin cells. Psoriasis is not contagious."

I know how it feels since I tend to get a few dry patches on my elbows from time to time.  It itches, cracks and bleeds.  Really no fun and we both have mild cases.  I truly feel for anyone with a major case.  

We have tried the steroid creams.  You can only use those for a few days before they thin your skin too much.  So you stop, the patches come back.  And if you ask me, they come back bigger and badder than before.  



My husband was really scratching at his leg and asked me if "there is an oil for that?"  I looked it up and sure enough there is a really simple protocol to follow.

Lavender, Melaleuca and Fractionated Coconut Oil. 

1-2 drops of each applied twice daily.


Lavender helps to calm the skin and itching.

Melaleuca helps with almost any skin issue.  It is very antiseptic and antifungal.

Fractionated Coconut Oil is highly moisturizing.  

A few other nice benefits of this combo.....it is a natural sunburn relief and can help clear up diaper rash!  My middle child has received this mixture quite a few times.  

The dry patchy skin on my husband's leg has almost disappeared after just a few days use.  There is no worry about his skin thinning.  If anything, he has more moisturized skin.

A Candida Cleanse could also help to clear the skin up.   He is considering doing this soon.  I will have to wait until I am no longer breastfeeding.  The cleanse can release the "junk" into your milk.  I don't want to get healthy only to harm my baby.  

Men, you do not need to worry about the oils making you smell too feminine.  The combo actually produces a nice scent.  Stay manly my friend!











No comments:

Post a Comment