Sunday, September 15, 2013

Brush, floss and use EO's!

In the last three weeks I have had the "pleasure" of two visits to the dentist to fill cavities.  One of the things no one mentions to women prior to pregnancy is that all the hormonal changes can really mess with your dental health.  I ended up having a few areas that needed "attention".




This is the first time I have had to deal with anything more than a cleaning since starting the oils.  A couple days before the appointment I  checked out one of the best oil usage sites there is.....everythingessential.me.


As I left for the appointment, I applied Lavender to my temples and wrists.  After all my years on the planet, I still hate the shots given by dentists. Yes yes yes, I am a wimp!  I know it and don't care.   They try to make it not hurt and burn but there is only so much they can do.  Lavender helped chill me out a bit.

They numbed me from my eyeball to my jaw.  I will say, the numbing was stronger and lasted longer than anytime before.  I think my tongue doubled in size.  My dentist told me she had not changed anything so maybe I am just responding differently for whatever reason.  My theory is that eating a cleaner diet and using natural medicine has made my entire body more responsive to everything.  Have I ever mentioned how strong my sense of smell is these days?!  


Two cavities on one side and an hour later I was out the door.  My jaw HURT!

Clove oil to the rescue.  I added a bit more Lavender to my jaw line as well. 


Now I will be perfectly honest, clove oil is a bit "hot"!  As I applied it to the numb areas, I didn't notice much.  Then,  I got some down my throat.  Oops!  I was coughing just a bit.  The reaction lasted about a minute.  The relief lasted hours!



1 drop applied to the areas that hurt every few hours until you feel better.  


I needed about 5 applications.  Like I said, my jaw really hurt.  As the numbness wore off, the clove helped to keep the area mildly numbed without losing all feeling completely.  




The great thing about this protocol, with the addition of a nice tasting oil like Olive oil, this can be used on my teething baby.  The clove is too hot for his little body so you really need to dilute it.  Lavender is great along the jawline to help babies who are really suffering.  No risk of too much Tylenol or Motrin....or their numerous recalls.  





Mouth pain is some of the worst pain in my opinion.  I am so happy to report, I did not take any OTC pain relievers.  Less items processing through my liver makes me a happy girl.  No adverse side effects yet highly effective for treating the pain and discomfort.  A win-win if you ask me!

There are other great products for overall dental health.  Toothpaste, Throat Drops and oil can help your mouth stay fresh and clean while kicking the germs.  Give them a try!  I do love the toothpaste.




No comments:

Post a Comment