Saturday, November 9, 2013

And AWAYYYY We Go!

Some of you following this blog know that my real identity...aka day job, is as a pilot.  Yes, like big airplanes.  I was a huge fan of the phrase, "If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going."  But check out my current bird!  She is one awesome machine.   I spend more time teaching others how to fly her than I actually get flying but that is alright.  



How does this apply to essential oils?  Great question!  I am not exactly the person you think would be into natural medicine.  That is the thing about doTERRA!  It works.  You use it, it does what it says and you just want to keep using it.

But that is not what this blog is about today.  It is about oils and travelling.  

If you love to travel, hate to travel, travel for work or just take a yearly vacation the oils can really help you.  First off, you can take them through security.  The TSA does not restrict them as long as you follow the 3-1-1 Rule.

Most bottles of doTERRA are 15mL and you can fit many in a quart size Ziploc bag.  There are also great ways to carry them if you want to take just a little bit for a short trip.  You can use either a travel size carrier or recycle/re-purpose a Altoid mint tin.  They work great.  But what do you pack?

 




Well, there are a couple of options.  If you have a daily protocol, obviously you want those oils.  Let's say you don't but you want to be prepared.  The doTERRA blog has some great ideas how to make kits.

Now, since that blog entry was made, there have been some new, cool products announced.  One being DigestZen softgels.  DigestZen oil would work great too.  The softgels are just very portable!


This little gem will help keep you from suffering from stomach issues that can result from a change in water, soil, food, etc.  Let's face it, no one wants to travel across this awesome planet to end up seeing only a bathroom.

Then there is OnGuard+ softgels.  If you feel rundown or worry you have been exposed to a virus, this is the product for you.  I am testing it's potency out right now with the start of a sinus issue.  This little soft gel is my new protect and defender!


So far, I like the fact that if I feel a bit lousy it is very easy to take.  It will be just as easy to pack in your bag.

Now back to oils that I would take.  Peppermint!  It is going to help tackle headaches, upset tummies, and fevers.  The other great benefit of Peppermint is that it will help you perk up and tackle Jet Lag!  Add a little Frankincense or Wild Orange and really see a big boost.  As a mother of three, I use that little blend frequently to keep going around 3 pm.

Mix peppermint with a bit of water and spray down any hotel bed to help kill bed bugs as well!  

Let's say it is bedtime locally but your internal clock does not agree.  That is where I would break out Lavender, Serenity or maybe even Geranium.  All are great at promoting sleep.  



The best way I found to handle sleep issues on the road was to sleep when I was tired.  Of course as a pilot, I was never staying anywhere too long.  Sleep prevailed over sightseeing.  If you are on vacation more than likely you really want to see the sights.  Do your best to adjust to the time zone you are visiting.  If you land and it is 8 am, try to stay up and do all the normal daytime activities you want and possibly get to bed a bit early if you get tired.  It really does help you reset. 

OnGuard would be in my travel kit as well.  You can mix it with water in a spray bottle to make hand sanitizer.  8 drops to 3 oz of water is a potent mixture to help ward off those unwanted travel bugs.  It will just help you everyday keep the germs away.  Apply it to your feet daily for overall immune support.






I spend many days wandering how my world travel would have been very different if the oils were in my life "back in the day".  I am quite positive, my overall health would have been much better.  I am certain the many times I ended up with some nasty stomach bugs, I could have suffered far less.  At least I have them now and they will travel everywhere I go.


Now, who is ready to go here?


This is the Maldives....yes please!





No comments:

Post a Comment