Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Hairdo Hall of Fame!



As much as I try to do things organic and natural, I need and want my hair done.  I mean professionally cut and colored.  I fully admit, I am not ready to embrace the silver that makes an appearance now and again.  

Now, it takes a few dollars to get your hair colored by a stylist.  For me, it is worth it considering I have had some "self coloring mishaps".  It was not pretty!  I choose to not repeat those mistakes again.

Now, I started using the Wen products to help my color last.  It worked great and I was convinced I would never use another product.  Fast forward to the East Coast Conference in May.  They had this conference package available so I bought it.  In that box, was the doTERRA Spa Essentials hair care system.  Hesitant, I gave it a shot.  It smelled great, my hair looked great, my color still looked good and that was it.  I was hooked!


What did it?  Well, the smell.  The shampoo has Wild Orange essential oil in it.  It is bright, sunny and really helps wake you up.  The blend of oils in the conditioner is just lovely too.  My hair was silky and smooth.  

I was a little afraid of the Root to Tip Serum.  Oil on my fine hair has usually resulted in my hair feeling very greasy.  Just one pump of the serum and my hair smooth and frizz free but not weighted down.   Along with the Healthy Hair glaze which is like a great smelling hair gel, my hair held curl and style better than before.  

Root to Tip Serum is great for those who have dry scalp or dandruff.  

"dōTERRA Salon Essentials Root to Tip Serum is a professional formula infused with carefully chosen CPTG essential oils oflavender, peppermint, marjoram, cedar wood, lavandin, rosemary, niaouli, and eucalyptus China. Providing a healthy environment for scalp and maximizing the strength and shine of hair, this serum is powerful and lightweight for extended protection and hydration without weighing hair down or leaving an oily residue."



Other oils that help control dandruff is Melaleuca.  Just add 2-3 drops into your shampoo daily.  

Babies with Cradle Cap can benefit as well.  Just use Lavender, Melaleuca and Fractionated Coconut oil rubbed on their head, let set then gently brush away the loose skin.  We used this protocol on my son for two days and he has never needed another treatment.  My middle daughter had to be treated over and over again for her cradle cap.  Boy, what I would given to have had my oils back then!


Now some of you out there are thinking, great but what about hair loss.  Is there an oil for that?

YES!

For mild hair loss, use 1-2 drops of Rosemary in your shampoo daily.

For more serious loss consider one of these blends added to your shampoo:

Blend 1:
  3 drops Rosemary
  5 drops Lavender
  4 drops Cypress
  4 drops Clary Sage
Blend 2:
  8 drops Rosemary
  10 drops Lavender
  10 drops Sandalwood

Check out the doTERRA blog as well!  It shows how the pros use the products.

And just because I still think this video is hilarious....check out Rob Young and his day at the spa!










2 comments:

  1. I found the doTerra haircare items a few weeks ago (added them to my LRP on a whim) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I actually got rid of every one of the rest of my shampoos and conditioners and only use the doTerra items now. They smell great, they do an amazing job on my loooooong hair - which is very prone to breakage and shedding - and they are already infused with the wonderful properties of essential oils.
    LOVE them, won't use anything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I am so glad you love them as much as I do.

      Delete