Monday, May 19, 2014

Bugs bug me!


Spring and Summer in Georgia always means you are going to see critters.  Critters creep me out!  I know there are many people love the great outdoors but my definition of camping means the hotel doesn't have room service!  Only kidding....well only slightly kidding.

Well, it is May and I have started to see the spiders, ants and the gnats.  Yuck!  If only they all could be beautiful butterflies.  Before I had oils, I would grab all the standard bug sprays.  Man do they smell bad.  Worse, they are filled with really nasty chemicals.  The warning labels scare me too!  I really didn't think much of this until I had kids.  Now, we have the oils and I have really adopted these as my first line of defense against the multi-legged creatures.

So let's talk Spiders.....I admit, I am scared of all spiders even though some are really not that dangerous.


What I do when I see spiders.....diffuse Peppermint!  They hate peppermint!  Lucky me, because I love it.  

Peppermint is also a great use in the garden against aphids on your Crepe Myrtles and roses.  I mix about 6 drops with 2 cups of water in a spray bottle and bathe my plants.  It cut the black residue down to almost none last year.  This year I will be better since I will be home more.

Want to keep the mosquitoes away?  TerraShield is your friend.  And you will smell great!


Also works great for fleas and ticks!  Never go camping for real without a bottle.  I sent a mixture of 5 drops with a half cup of water in spray bottle for my daughter who went to see Frozen in the park.  She didn't get a bite but smelled really good! 

Ants?  Ants hate Lemongrass!  Wipe down your counters and baseboards with a damp cloth with a few drops of Lemongrass to help drive away the army of ants trying to overthrow your kitchen.

For more ideas and oils to choose, check out the blog from doTERRA!

And if you get bit....turn to the swiss army knife of oils to soothe that itch....Lavender!


Try the natural alternatives to drive those bugs out.  Reduce your exposure to toxins and chemicals.  


No comments:

Post a Comment