Monday, May 26, 2014

Calm, Peaceful & Less Crazy

As I sat down to write today, I noticed that my ideas were not flowing.  I did what every mom does, I asked my daughter, "hey what should I write about?"  Her response...."me and my favorite oils."  

She is 5 and unafraid to tell everyone that she loves her "Mommy's oils" and her "favorite oils are Lavender & Serenity."  I love that she never feels awkward about telling perfect strangers about her love of oils.  On occasion it has prompted questions and led to me giving a one on one.  She is a great little oil sharer.




Why are these her favorites?  "They make me feel calm, peaceful and less crazy." 

And yes, yes they do!  She along with her sister and brother can get wild and crazy which makes their momma crazy.  


Lavender is one of the most well known oils on the market.  Many call it the "swiss army knife" of oils.  It can calm bug bites, burns, headaches, and much much more.  It is lovely.

 



Serenity is one of the four oils of the Mood Management matrix.

These oils include Serenity, Elevation, Citrus Bliss and my own personal favorite Balance.  

They really do improve people's moods. It can occur in minutes.  The transformation around my house is truly amazing.  We will go from so wild you would think no one has an inside voice to chill, fun and relaxed.  

I know I rely on the oils' ability to keep the chaos in check.




So what can Serenity do for you in your house?  

Diffuse Serenity to fill the room with scents of Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Vanilla and a few more to help everyone feel less anxious and calm.  She requests it in her own diffuser nightly because she said it helps her sleep and have good dreams. 

It is also great to rub on your feet, apply to your wrists or down your spine to help you release those knots in your stomach from the anxiety.  I know I use it frequently on my little oil sharer when her "tummy hurts" but really it is just her nerves.  

For me, I use it on myself when the kids get so crazy and I need a mommy time out.  I will take 1-2 drops and rub my hands together then cup over my nose and mouth.  Take multiple deep breaths until you feel the calming effects.  





Yes, she needed a drop so I could keep typing. For the record, after her "modeling session" she decided she needed to go find a book to read so I could finish.  It is so awesome when it helps her break her cycle of asking the same question over and over.  

We are truly grateful to have the doTERRA essential oils in our home.  I would love to help you get them in your home.  Just let me know if I can help you!



No comments:

Post a Comment