Monday, January 27, 2014

10,000 Steps to a Better Me!

So the buzz of New Year's resolutions have come and gone.  How have you done with yours?



I would venture to guess that "Losing Weight" is the #1 resolution made in the US.  If not #1 then it is in the top 5.  

Every year, I know I have made this a resolution for myself in some fashion.  Yeah, I have worded it many different ways but it all boiled down to the same thing.  I need to drop weight and be healthier.  My motivations have usually been for vanity.  Yes, I know my health will improve but honestly I just wanted to look better.

Year after year, I have failed.  Oh, one year I managed to drop 40 pounds.  It was awesome.  People noticed.  The positive reinforcement was amazing.  Then, I had baby #3.  Yes, I have been blessed but the fact remains, I need to drop the baby weight and beyond.  

Many months ago I blogged about breaking up with sugar.  Let me tell you, that is no easy process.  Sugar is addictive.  I have really struggled.

Now back to resolutions......



This year, AGAIN, I decided I would get healthier and lose weight.  The difference?  I asked for a FITBIT.   My birthday is in January so my lovely mom got me a Flex.  Why?  Because I needed accountability and the fact that I can wear this day and night lets me know exactly how much I am moving during the day.  My goal....10,000 steps everyday.  




Is it hard?  YEP!  My job has me trapped in a seated position for hours per day so now to get my steps I HAVE to exercise.  And since I am pretty determined to meet my goal, I now have to move to do that.  No more excuses to sit on the couch.

So how does this all apply to oils?  Well, directly it really doesn't.   

Walking is one of those exercises that for me doesn't turn into a sore body.  If I am at work for the majority of the day I have to find a way to get those steps and that is where I have turned to my elliptical.  It does make me sore.  Thank goodness for Deep Blue.


Through this journey to learn all I can about the oils I have come across two books I just love for emotions and well being. 



Let's look at the oils that might help you have more resolve for those resolutions......

From Living Healthy & Happily Ever After

If you need help curbing cravings:
Blend 6 drops Fennel, 3 drops Ginger, 2 drops Rosemary and 1 drop Black Pepper into a wick inhaler.  Whenever the craving strikes.....take a sniff!


To help you with Transition and Change:  (which of course you have to do if you make a resolution)
Mix 3 drops each in a roll-on bottle of Balance, Roman Chamomile, Thyme, Vetiver, and White Fir PLUS 1 drop of Lavender.

Roll on the top of the foot between the big toe and the index toe.  Roll on the back of your neck.

2 drops of Melissa under your tongue can help you more if the internal struggles are really bad.


From Emotions:

For Perserverance try Helichyrsum or Balance.

To help you center yourself try Vetiver, Roman Chamomile or Clove.

Resolutions really should be thought of as long term goals.  I think making a series of small changes will lead to big changes.  Baby steps to running a marathon!  



No comments:

Post a Comment