Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lotions and Potions!

Just a few days ago, I celebrated a milestone kind of birthday.  While I stared in the mirror wondering just how I got to be this age, my wonderful friends and family commented how I really don't look my age.  It  made me feel a little better….but I put on some Balance and Citrus Bliss to help me believe their comments.

I do think I have been blessed with good genetics in the area of aging.  My grandmother is in her 90's but most people guess her in her late 70's to early 80's.  


My mother is often asked if she is my sister. 

I tend to laugh when people comment and just feel it is my lack of maturity that shines through.  haha Afterall, I do laugh at many things 12 year old boys find funny!

But genetics aside, both my mother and grandmother instilled in my the need to take care of your skin.  After all, it is your largest organ!

As much as I like my still youthful skin, I tend to suffer from the same things I did in my youth.  Breakouts.  Personally, I think it is a crime that breakouts happen over the age of 20 but Mother Nature didn't ask me.  

doTERRA made me take a look at the way I was caring for my skin. 

Prior to doTERRA, I used many of the skin clearing blends.  I tried it all.  Proactiv, Clean & Clear, etc etc.  My skin did look better but there would be times I would have a reaction to the clearing agents in the formulas.  So imagine…..a couple big pimples and then red face to top that off.  Oh yeah, don't forget the oily T-zone shining away!  Just lovely.  ugh


Which type are you?  

As I got more and more into doTERRA, I saw the skin care line.  I was intrigued.  After all I would call myself and "lotions and potions" kind of girl.  I do want to stay looking youthful for a while.  Yes, it is pure vanity!  


I decided to order the Clear Skin set and the Invigorating Scrub.  The only issue, there was no moisturizer that seemed right at the time.  I was pregnant and avoiding as much "stuff" as I could.  A friend of mine said, "just use your FCO. It works great!"  

I politely said, "Thanks for the tip."  

In my head went something more like this….."OIL ON MY FACE!  Are you insane?  I will breakout like a kid in puberty! You are nuts!"

But…..since I was on a mission to try new things, reduce the chemicals I exposed the family to, I thought, alright, I will give it one week.  If my skin looks worse, I go back to my old regime.

After a week, my face felt smoother and softer.  No breakouts.  The one issue I was having was that using coconut oil was with my makeup.  My makeup just would not stay put through the day.  I adjusted to only using the FCO at night time instead of twice a day. 

The Result:  
Clear, soft, acne free skin for the remainder of my pregnancy.  Happy times!  Did I mention….NO BREAKOUTS!

The baby arrived and I decided it was back to helping prevent the wrinkles and aging again so I bought the Skin Care with Anti Aging Moisturizer Kit along with Immortelle.  


Immortelle intrigued me the most.  Since I was over the "oil on my oily skin", I really wanted to see how this oil would work around my eyes.  It has really helped lighten my dark circles and keep me from looking tired.  But this little roller ball bottle of oil can do much much more!



Today, I am still using this system.  I have used Immortelle on my scars from the C-section and seen a decrease in the appearance of the scar tissue.  Nice!

Then doTERRA did it again…..the released another skin care product.  The Reveal System.  As hard as I tried to resist, I just had to try it.  It was promoted as a spa like facial to help you with a healthy glow.  The pregnancy glow was gone and I missed it!  Add one set to the Loyalty Rewards order please and thank you!




I love this product!  It is easy to use, doesn't make a huge mess.  It doesn't ruin your washcloths and it works.  I use it a couple times a week and my makeup goes on so smooth.  

Until the end of January, this product is 10% off the retail price.  You should try it especially if you are on the fence.  


So the girl….yes I still feel like a girl!…..who was petrified to put oil on her face puts oil on her face and my skin has never looked better.  It still amazes me that it works, but it does.  




No comments:

Post a Comment