Friday, January 3, 2014

Shhhh....Let's just Whisper

Happy New Year everyone!  Life as I know it resumes again.

The holidays are wonderful.  They bring about so many things that remind me of all I have to be grateful for.  During my travels, I was able to meet so many new friends who love doTERRA and reconnect with so many family and friends I rarely get to see.  I even scored some jewelry.  Check out the awesome necklace I won at a doTERRA event between Christmas and New Years.

  

One "person" reconnected with me with very poor timing.  Aunt Flow.  She has the worst timing.  She loves to make me feel lousy.  This time around she gave me a hormonal headache from hell!  The common term is the Menstrual Migraine.  



The drop of estrogen and progesterone can trigger these migraines in some women and it appears I am one of many.  Some find relief by taking birth control.  Many will recommend taking NSAIDs such as Advil or Aleve.  I can tell you, neither option touched my headache.  I was miserable.  

Imagine packing up your family of 5 with a migraine that makes you want to hurl your breakfast while your 4 and 3 year old repeat your name every 5 seconds.  It was a rough day and on top of it, we were headed to a wedding.  On New Year's Eve!  I know you are jealous!



So you have the picture and my husband has asked me why we were packed so crazy!  haha

I pushed through.  I tried my normal headache rememdies....Past Tense, Peppermint & Lavender, Frankincense.  The relief was only minutes.  The headache would roar back.



Finally, I decided to sit and try evaluate my options.  I had this new oil for women I got from doTERRA for free...ask me how later......it is called Whisper.

Through my doTERRA research I vaguely remembered someone pointing out that it was good for hormonal balance.  Since I knew this was a menstrual migraine, I thought it was worth a shot.  I was desperate.  So after I hopped out of the shower to get myself ready to shine at a wedding, I put a drop on each wrist.

20 minutes later.....my headache was not the only thing on my mind.  I could think, I could hold a conversation, I could manage, my head was not throbbing.  

I get myself all gorgeous...well as gorgeous as you can get when you apply makeup with migraine blinding you.  Pictures will tell the truth later.  I applied 2 more drops.  My headache decreased even more.  It was obviously noticeable since my husband said he could tell I was feeling better.  

So that little bottle went in my purse.  JUST IN CASE!  Off to drop off the kids and watch a wonderful couple say "I DO!"



Before dinner was served, I decided on two more drops.  Headache was GONE.  I felt like eating, I felt like chatting, I felt like laughing, I felt like dancing,  It was time to party!  



6 little drops changed my entire New Year's Eve!  Wholesale...the cost of my saved night was $1.74.  Totally worth it!  I can honestly say, nothing I did the rest of the night cost less.

I have read that Whisper can be your natural perfume.  It really does smell lovely but there is so much more to this little bottle of Whisper than smelling good.  EverythingEssential.me goes into some great detail.  



No comments:

Post a Comment