Friday, March 28, 2014

Busy Busy Busy

This morning I was watching The Today Show when they asked the question, "Is saying you are 'so busy' a new buzzword of our society?" or something along those lines.  The discussion they had went on for a minute or so but it got me thinking…..how many times do I respond with "Oh been busy" to the question of "How have you been?"



Then I thought, it really is a bit of a silly answer.  Everyone is busy.  Somehow it seems that using the term, "Oh gosh, I have been so busy" has become more of a competition.  For me, I think that term has come to really mean, "I am stressed and please don't get mad at me if I have forgotten something."  For others, I think it might be a way to say no when they are just too afraid to use the two little letters with tons of power.  Maybe they don't want to hurt feelings because like I said, everyone in our society is busy.  

So today's blog is all about using that phrase "I am so busy" when you really are busy and just saying what you want to say the rest of the time.  Be authentic, be truthful, be confident that when you are asked "How have you been?" you can answer with your own personal truth.  The person asking more than likely cares about you and really wants to know.  


Now, the Oil of Truth is one of my all time faves…..Frank!  I have blogged a few times about the power of Frankincense.  From the book Emotions & Essential Oils it says, " This oil helps creat new perspective based on light and truth."  Light and truth…..doesn't that sound much more appealing than "busy".

Inhale directly from the bottle at regular intervals through the day or place 1-4 drops in a diffuser.

Topically, you can apply 1-3 drops on the crown of your head, forehead, behind the ears or on the bottoms of the feet.



If you are one that just can't say no, you need the Oil of Boundaries….Clove.  "It reignites the inner soul-fire and can assist anytime there has been damage to the Self,…"  Clove can help you say no and not fear rejection for being true to yourself.

This often comes up when I invite people to experience the oils.  They say yes but then give me reason after reason why they cannot attend a class, meet one on one or even try to use samples for 3-5 days.  Me, being a somewhat hopeful but rather direct person hears the "yes" then is confused by the behavior later.  Then a bit of frustration kicks in because I would rather hear, "no that isn't my thing."  Often, I hear, "I am really just so busy I can't meet you."  Then social media gives them away……damn that social media.  

That is where Thyme comes into play….the Oil of Releasing & Forgiving.  Funny how Thyme helps you heal over time.  Serenity is another great one for forgiving.


Now, if you are busy and really thriving because of it then keep that motivation going.  Empower yourself!  Ginger is the way to go.  Ginger has a purpose and will fulfill it!  Now that definetly sounds awesome to me.  This oil can help you be successful in life when you fully commit to it.


Again, inhale directly from the bottle at regular intervals through the day or place 1-4 drops in a diffuser.

Topcially, apply 1-3 drops over the stomach.  Dilute with a carrier oil is you desire.  Bonus…..no more tummy aches.












My goal in all of this is to actually say how I feel.  I remember my grandpa griping that "You kids say FINE when I ask you how your day went or how you are.  Don't you have anything else to say?"  I love that man!  He just wanted to talk to us.  He wanted to listen to us.  Isn't that really what we all want?!  Let your friends and family hear you so they feel connected to you.


Life is best when spent with people you love.  Be authentic and abundant!



Oh yes….there is an Oil of Abundance….Wild Orange!  Love it!








No comments:

Post a Comment